PSC Chhattisgarh Prelims - Botany Syllabus
Updated on: Apr 2, 2013
The syllabus of Botany of PSC Chhattisgarh Preliminary Exam is given below:
- Origin of life : Basis ideas on the origin of earth, origin of life , chemical and biological evolution.
- Morphology, basis anatomy taxonomy : Elementary knowledge of structure differentiation and function of various types of tissues and organs, Principles of nomenclature, classification and identification of plants.
- Plant Diversity : A general account of structure and reproduction of viruses, algae , fungi, lichens, brophytes, pteridophytes, gymnosperms and angiosperms,Concept of alternation of generations.
- Plant functions : Elementary knowledge of photosynthesis , nitrogen, metabolism, respiration, enzymes, mineral nutrition and water relations.
- Plant growth and development : Dynamics of growth and growth hormones physiology of flowering and seed germination.
- Reproduction : Mechanism of pollination, fertilization and development of seed.
- Cell biology : Cell structure and function of organelles. Mitosis and meiosis.
- Genetics : Concept of gene, laws of inheritance mutation and polyploidy. Genetics and plant improvement.
- Evolution : A general account
- Plant Pathology : A general account of important diseases of crop plants of india and their control.
- Plant and human welfare : Role of plants in human life Importance of plants yielding food, fibres wood and drugs.
- Plant and Environment : Community environment elementary knowledge of ecosystem.