Syllabus of Agriculture PSC Mains Chhattisgarh
Updated on: Apr 2, 2013
Syllabus of Agriculture PSC Chhattisgarh Mains is given in this section
Paper - I
Paper - II
Paper - I
- Ecology and its relevance to man, natural resources, their management and conservation. Physical and Social environments as factors of crop distribution and production. Climatic elements as factors of crop growth. impact of changing environment on cropping pattern as indicators of environments. Environmental pollution and associated hazards to crops, animals and humans.
- Cropping patterns in different agro climatic zones of the country-Impact of high yielding and short duration -varieties on shifts in cropping patterns, Concepts of multiple cropping, multistroy , relay and inter cropping and their importance in relation to food production. Package of practices for production of important cereals, pulses, oilseed fibre, sugar and commercial crops grown during Kharif and Rabi seasons in different regions of Chhattisgarh and the country.
- Important features, scope and propagation of various types of forestry plantations such as social forestry. agro forestry and natural forests.
- Weeds, their characteristics, dissemination and association with various crops, their multiplications, cultural biological and chemical control of weeds.
- Processes and factors of soil formation , classification of Indian soils including modern concepts, Mineral and organic constituents of soils extent and distribution in India and their reclamation. Essential Plant nutrients and other beneficial elements in soils and their role in maintaining soil productivity , problem soils and plants, their occurrence, factors affecting their distribution, functions and cycling in soils, Symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Principles of soil fertility and its evaluation for judicious fertilizer use.
- Soil conservation planning on watershed basis. Erosion and runoff management in hills, foot hills and valley lands; processes and factors affecting them. Dryland agriculture and its problems. Technology for stabilising agriculture production in rainfed agriculture area.
- Water use efficiency in relation to crop production criteria for scheduling irrigation. ways and means of reducing run-off losses of irrigation water, Drainage of water logged soils. Farm management, scope importance and characteristics. Farm planning and budgeting Economics of different types of farming systems.
- Marketing and pricing of agricultural inputs and outputs, price fluctuations. and their cost, role of co-operatives in agricultural economy , types and system of farming and factors affecting them.
- Agriculrural extension, its importance and role methods of evaluation of extension programmes, socio-economic survey and status of big, small and marginal farmers and landless agricultural labourers, the farm mechanisation and its role in agricultural production and rural employments. Training programme for extension workers, lab to land programmes. T and V programmes and their role in raising agricultural production. Common farm implements used in Chhattisgarh.
Paper - II
- Heredity and variation. Mendel's law of inheritance, Chromosomal theory of inheritance. Cytoplasmic inheritance. Sex linked, sex influenced and sex limited characters. Spontaneous and induced mutation. Quantitative character.
- Origin and domestication of field crops. Morphology patterns of variations in varieties and related species of important field crops, causes and utilization of variations in crop improvement.
- Application of the principles of plant breeding to the improvement of major field crops : methods of breeding of self and cross pollinated crops . Introduction. selection hybridization. Heterosis and its exploitation.Male sterility and self incompatibility utilization of Mutation and polyploidy in breeding.
- Seed technology and importance, production, processing and testing of seeds of crop plants. Role of National and State seed organisations in Production. processing and marketing of improved seed.
- Physiology and its significance in agriculture. nature, physical properties and chemical constitution of protoplasm imbition, surface. tension, diffusion and Osmosis, Absorption and translocation of water transpiration and water economy.
- Enzymes and plant pigments photosynthesis modern concepts and factors affecting the process, areobic and unaerobic respiration.
- Growth and developments; photo periodings and vernalization. Auxin. hormones and other plant growth regulators and their mechanism of action and importance in agriculture.
- Climatic requirements and cultivation of major fruits, plants and vegetable crops, the package of practices and the scientific basis for the same. Handling and marketing problems of fruits and vegetables, principal methods of preservation of important fruits and vegetables products, processing techniques and equipment, Role of fruits and vegetables in human nutrition. Landscape and flori-culture including raising of ornamental and design and layout of lawns and gardens.
- Diseases and insect pests of field vegetable, orchard and plantation crops of India and measures to control . these Causes and classification of plant diseases, principles of plant disease control including exclusion, eradication, immunization and protection. Biological control of insect pests and diseases. Integrated management of insect pests and diseases Pesticides and their formulations, plant protection equipment, their care and maintenance.
- Storage pests of cereals and pulses, hygiene of storage godowns, preservation and remedial measures.
- Food production and consumption trends in India: National and international food policies . Procurement, distribution, processing and production constraints, relation of food production to national dietary pattern, major deficiencies of calorie and protein.