PSC Chhattisgarh Prelims - General Studies Syllabus
Updated on: Apr 1, 2013
This section contains the syllabus for CGPSC Preliminary Exam General Studies syllabus. The paper on general Studies will include questions covering the following field of knowledge:
- General Science- Questions on General Science should be such which could be conveniently answered by a graduate who has not made study of scientific disciplines.
- Current events of national and international importance- General understanding of current national and international political events is expected from the candidates.
- History of India- It will cover questions from Indus Valley Civilization to the attainment of independence on social, economic and political aspects.
- Geography of India (Special reference to Chhattisgarh)- It will comprise physical features, climate, drainage, forest, mineral, industry, agriculture, people and their occupation.
- Indian Polity and Socio-Economic System- It will test knowledge of Indian constitution, party system and pressure groups, panchayati raj, Indian social system and social inequality and economic planning and economic system.
- Sports- Questions on sports will cover national and international sport activities.
- General mental ability- On general mental ability reasoning and analytical abilities will be tested.
- Fundamentals of Statistics- Questions relating to fundamental of statistics will be based on the elementary knowledge of Mean, Median and Mode.