CGPSC Mains Exam Economics Syllabus
Updated on: Apr 2, 2013
Syllabus of Economics of PSC Chhattisgarh Mains is presented in this section.
The Indian Economy
- Economic Systems - Capitalism, Socialism and mixed economy
- National Income - Concept and measurement
- Consumer behaviour - Law of demand, Elasticity of demand, uitlity analysis and indifference -curve techniques
- Producer's behaviour - Production Function, Laws of Returns, Returns, of Scale cost curves.
- Price Theory - Price determination under different maker condition, pricing of factors of production
- Keynesian and Modern theory of employment
- Banking objective and instruments of Central Banking, credit policies in a planned developing economy
- Types and principles of taxation. Principles of Public expenditure, objective and instruments of budgetary and fiscal policy in a planned developing economy
- International trade- Theory and policy of international trade, determination of exchange rates, balance of payment
- International Monetary institutions - I. B.R.D. and I.M.F
The Indian Economy
- Characteristics of under developed economy, human and natural resources, primary,secondary and tertiary sectors in India, mixed economy in India
- Agricultural development - Agricultural Policy. land reforms Green Revolution and its aftermath.
- Industrial development - Industrial Policy, Public, and private sectors, Regional distribution of Industries in India
- Pricing policies for agricultural and industrial outputs
- Fiscal and momentary policy in India - Objectives, recent budgetary trends, bank nationalisation in India. Reserve Bank and monetary policy in India
- Recent trends in Indias foreign trade and balance of payments
- Indian Planning - Objectives and strategies, planned growth and distributive justice- eradication of poverty, problems of Indian planning